M LaRusso, DF Gallego-Pérez, CE Abadía-Barrero. Untimely care: How the modern logics of coverage and medicine compromise children’s health and development, Social Science & Medicine, 2022, 114962, DOI: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2022.114962.
- Coverage problems for controversial conditions exist across health care systems.
- Modern medicine fails to support new and controversial conditions like PANS/PANDAS.
- Despite being insured, many children face barriers to diagnosis and treatment.
- The modern logics of medicine and coverage fail to provide care in PANS/PANDAS.
- Failures to care result in developmental disruptions in children with PANS/PANDAS.