Share and Learn from Each Other
Learning what PANS is really like from families and patients provides an invaluable window into the reality of living with a PANS diagnosis. Every story is unique in its own way but all have an universal connection that ties our experiences together. We are not alone in this diagnosis. We can support and learn from each other. Please read through the stories. We highly encourage you to submit your Personal Story today!
- We don’t need to use names at all in order to preserve anonymity.
- Pictures are not required.
- Stories should be 1500ish words or less.
- Focus on one or a few key parts of your story. Examples of topics are: what were the most severe symptoms and were treatments effective, how many doctors did it take to get a diagnosis, recovery stories, examples of what your child was like before onset in contrast to after, etc.
- Stories should not include doctor’s names. Please include what kind of doctor you saw, i.e., immunologist, pediatrician, naturopath, etc.
- Personal Stories is neither a platform to sell any products or a type of therapy nor one to discredit a doctor or institution.
- ASPIRE has the discretion to publish a story or not and will edit for fundamental typos and grammar. ASPIRE may request you provide additional information as needed.
Please email the ASPIRE Content Chair with any questions. Please submit your story and photos below.