Speaker: Daniel A. Kinderlehrer, MD Webinar: Microbes and Mental Illness: Tick-Borne Infections and PANS Watch on Demand: Register Now About this Webinar The most prominent symptoms of Lyme disease...
PANS and Tick-Born Illness
Ticks are active all year long, which means we can get Lyme, Babesia, Anaplasmosis, Ehrlichia, Bartonella, or any other tick-borne infection any time of the year. Tick-borne infections can trigger PANS or be a co-morbid diagnosis. Common Symptoms of PANS
It is essential to understand how to prevent exposure, remove ticks, know the signs and symptoms of an infection, and how to treat if exposed. Lyme disease, Borreliosis, is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi. It is the fastest-growing vector-borne illness in the United States. According to the CDC, more than 300,000 people are diagnosed with Lyme disease each year in the US. CDC Lyme Stats. Not all patients will have a typical or any Lyme rash. Not all patients will ever see the tick attached.
ASPIRE will continue to post new resources and articles on Lyme Disease and Tick-Borne Illness. Check back here for updates.
Key Articles on Lyme and Tick-Borne Infections
- About Lyme & Co-Infections – Quick Information List
- Tick Checks, Removal and Prevention
- Lyme Disease Symptom Overview
- Overview of Lyme & Tick-Borne Illness – Dr. Moorcroft
- Lyme Disease & Tick-Borne Infections Fundamentals – Dr. O’Hara
- PANS & Lyme Disease – Dr. Delaney
- The Importance of Testing for Borellia Miyamotoi – Dr. Delaney
- Lyme Disease and Herbal Treatments – Dr. Wells
- Webinar – PANS & Lyme Disease – Dr. Wells
- Webinar – Tick-Borne Infections and PANS – Dr. Kinderlehrer
- Lyme Disease – Neurocognitive & Neuropsychiatric Symptoms – Dr. Capanna-Hodge
- Lyme – Tick Testing – Dr. Rich
- Case Study – Recovering from PANS, Lyme, CIRS – Dr. O’Hara & Dr. Golovcsenko
- Polymicrobial Nature of Tick-Borne Diseases
- Tick-Borne Infection Additional Resources
Speaker: Lindsey Wells, ND Webinar: PANS and Lyme Disease Watch the Webinar on Demand: Click to View! Abstract: Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS) and Lyme Disease are common...
As evidenced by her recovery and resolution of symptoms, treating both the Lyme infection and streptococcal infection, as well as treating the underlying autoimmune etiology of her neuropsychiatric...
"Education is critical to know what is out there. If we can identify cases of Lyme disease early, we can treat them right away. Then we decrease the likelihood of an infection leading to chronic...
According to the CDC, Lyme disease is the number one vector-borne illness in the United States. The CDC believes their typical numbers are underestimating the number of Lyme disease cases in any...