Chan A, Gao J, Houston M, Willett T, Farhadian B, Silverman M, Tran P, Jaradeh S, Thienemann M, Frankovich J. Children With PANS May Manifest POTS. Frontiers in Neurology. Vol 13, 2022 DOI: 10.3389/fneur.2022.819636
- 204 patients: mean age of PANS onset was 8.6 years, male sex (60%), non-Hispanic White (78%).
- Evidence of POTS was observed in 19/204 patients (9%). 5/19 have persistent POTS
- Those with PANS & POTS were more likely to have
- comorbid joint hypermobility (63 vs 37%, p = 0.04)
- chronic fatigue (42 vs 18%, p = 0.03)
- family history of chronic fatigue, POTS, palpitations and syncope
- Showed a PANS flare was significantly associated with an exacerbation of POTS symptoms (OR 3.3, 95% CI 1.4–7.6, p < 0.01)