Join ASPIRE on October 9 for
PANS PANDAS Awareness Day.
PANS PANDAS can be life-changing.
So can your voice.
Become a PANS PANDAS Champion today!
Every year patients with PANS PANDAS go too long undiagnosed and without appropriate treatment. But you can help ASPIRE to change that. Whether you have been diagnosed with PANS PANDAS or care about someone who has, we invite you to share your voice in the fight against this devastating but treatable disorder. By being a PANS PANDAS Champion, you’ll leverage the power of social media and beyond to help raise awareness about PANS PANDAS while lending support to those affected by it.
Becoming a PANS PANDAS Champion is easy. The tools you need are on this page. All it takes is the desire to make a difference. Scroll down for all the materials you need!
PANS/PANDAS Awareness Action Week
We can expand our reach, advocating for and educating about PANS PANDAS. But we need your help! Please join us every day of the week leading up to October 9. We have created an awareness action calendar.
Remember, advocacy and education happen all year long; we hope you continue to join us in spreading information about this devastating but treatable disorder across the globe. Let’s make a significant impact this week. Let’s climb mountains together to shorten the time between the onset of symptoms and the start of appropriate treatment.
- October 3 – Change your frame on Facebook and Instagram
- See below for details
- October 4 – Register for our upcoming webinar Toxins and the Immune System in PANS & PANDAS with Scott Antoine, DO
- October 5 – Share our toolkits and materials
- October 6 – Educate schools
- October 7 – Share your PANS journey
- Write and submit your PANS story to ASPIRE
- We will share previously submitted stories, so be sure to read them. We can learn a lot from them; they remind us that we are not alone in the struggle.
- October 8 – Share two videos
- Video 1: A short infographic Overview of PANS/PANDAS
- Video 2: Dr. Susan Swedo on The importance of prompt recognition and appropriate treatment of PANS/PANDAS
- October 9 – PANS PANDAS Awareness Day – Social Media Day
ASPIRE has made it easy to educate anyone on PANS PANDAS. We have many toolkits, handouts, and posters about PANS PANDAS for you to download for free or to share directly via the download page.
Awareness Posters! Click on thumbnails for the full .png version. See the Awareness Materials section for more posters. You can print these posters on 8.5×11 paper or 14×11 poster paper. If you are hosting an awareness event and would like a high-quality .pdf file to print a custom size poster, please click on the poster for details. These posters are ideal for sharing on community bulletin boards, school lobbies, and more. Some schools will highlight a cause for a few days in their lobby, so don’t hesitate to ask your school today! NOTE: for square social media sizes of many posters, scroll down to Social Media.
Share ASPIRE’s Handouts & Toolkits with your friends, family, school, legislators, & providers. Below are some of our toolkits and handouts.
- PANS PANDAS Overview Toolkit
- PANS PANDAS Provider Information Toolkit
- PANS PANDAS Comprehensive School Setting Toolkit
- What is PANS PANDAS Handout (2 pages)
- About PANS PANDAS Handout (1 page)
ASPIRE has made it easy to spread awareness on your social media channels! Show your support for Awareness Day by sharing these facts and social media images about PANS PANDAS.
Step one: Amplify ASPIRE’s social media posts by sharing, liking, and retweeting our posts!
Step two: Post your own social media messages. Download these images and share them on your social media channels to show support and spread the word. Make sure that all Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter posts include www.aspire.care and #PANSPANDASawareness so your audience can find out more information. See below for sample posts.
Sample social media posts:
- Today is PANS PANDAS Awareness Day. Ask me about this devastating but treatable disorder. www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- Today is PANS PANDAS Awareness Day. I am healing from this devastating but treatable disorder. Learn more. www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- 1 in 200 have PANS PANDAS. Help close the gap between onset of symptoms and appropriate treatment. Today is PANS PANDAS Awareness Day. www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- Did you know OCD, Anxiety, Tics, ODD, Eating Restrictions can be caused by an infection and treated medically? Learn about PANS PANDAS today! www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- We can’t wait. We need more awareness and understanding of PANS PANDAS. Share and Learn more today! www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- Neuroimmune disorders like PANS PANDAS can cause OCD, Anxiety, Tics, ODD, Eating Restrictions. www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- Now, more than ever, we need to provide PANS PANDAS support and resources. ASPIRE is here for you! www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- Support me by sharing information on PANS PANDAS! www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
- Support my child by sharing information on PANS PANDAS! www.aspire.care #PANSPANDASawareness
Awareness Day Hashtag to use on all posts: #PANSPANDASawareness
Additional Hashtags you can use: #PANDASawareness #basalgangliaencephalitis #ocd #tics #anxiety #adhd #arfid #eatingrestrictions #ODD #Depression
Join ASPIRE in donating plasma today to help minimize the shortage affecting PANS patients across the country. The more plasma donated, the more IVIG can be made. Producing IVIG is a complex process. The impact of donation is simple; it improves and saves the lives of PANS patients and people with primary immunodeficiency, CIDP, and other rare diseases across the world.
For more information, contact ASPIRE’s Plasma Drive Coordinator. See the link below for information on •About Plasma •How to Donate Plasma •How to Host a Plasma Drive •Information Packets
With your support, we can impact our community in a lasting way. You are an integral part of the progress our community needs. The lives of hundreds of patients of PANS/PANDAS are at stake. Every gift helps us continue our work to empower all affected by PANS, PANDAS and immune-related encephalopathies.
PANS is a devastating disorder but recovery is possible. Early diagnosis and treatment lead to improved outcomes. Unfortunately, many PANS/PANDAS patients do not receive a timely diagnosis or appropriate treatment due to a lack of education about this medical condition. When access to care is delayed, symptoms can worsen and become chronic. ASPIRE aims to improve the lives of those affected by PANS by closing the gap between the onset of symptoms and the start of treatment.
With your help, ASPIRE will continue to educate the medical, school, and family communities about PANS/PANDAS while advocating for affordable, proven treatments. Every gift helps us continue our work to support all those affected by PANS, PANDAS and immune-related encephalopathies.