M. Della Corte, C. Delehaye, E. Savastano, M.F. De Leva, P. Bernardo, A. Varone, Neuropsychiatric syndrome with myoclonus after SARS-CoV-2 infection in a paediatric patient, Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, Volume 213, 2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.clineuro.2022.107121
- 12 Year old subacutely developed a positive and negative myoclonus of limbs and face, drowsiness and memory deficits after getting infected by SARS-CoV-2.
- Neuropsychological examination showed an impairment in memory, visual-motor coordination, inductive reasoning skills, attention, and concentration
- First treated with clonazepam and then with intravenous methylprednisolone for five days, with poor response.
- Then received a cycle of IVIG, thus reaching a gradual and complete recovery.
- To date, this is the first case of a COVID-19 associated myoclonus affecting a paediatric patient.