Call to Action: Call and email the Georgia Senate Health and Human Services Committee to vote yes for HB1484 now through the weekend. The meeting and vote are Monday at 7:00 a.m.
CTA Details: It is critical to call and email the HHS members and email their assistants today and over the weekend. Today would be ideal, but please email and leave messages over the weekend if you cannot. Also, please ask your family members, friends, teachers, etc., to participate in this call to action. Numbers matter.
- Please call – The Health and Human Services members today and ask them to support the bill.
- Email – The Health and Human Services members and their assistants today and ask them to support the bill.
Bill: Georgia House Bill 1484 – Social services; three-year pilot program to provide coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of PANDAS and PANS under Medicaid; provide
- Bill Link
- Legiscan Link
- Senate Health & Human Services Committee members link for their phone numbers. See below for email list.
Summary: A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Article7 of Chapter 4 of Title 49 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to medical assistance generally, so as to provide for a three-year pilot program to provide coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infection (PANDAS) and pediatric acute onset neuropsychiatric syndrome (PANS) under the Medicaid program; to provide for agreements; to provide for an annual report; to provide for related matters; to provide for automatic repeal; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.
Committee: Senate Health and Human Services Committee
Sponsors: Representative Lee Hawkins, Representative Karen Bennett, Representative Micah Gravley, Representative Sharon Cooper, Representative Gerald Greene, Representative Karen Mathiak
Key Elements of HB1484:
- Diagnose and treat up to 100 kids each year for three years
- Provide outreach to pediatric providers to help them quickly recognize, diagnose, and appropriately treat PANS PANDAS
- Give providers guidance on coding claims to allow the Dept of Community Health to track the number, location, and cost of claims
Email List for HHS Members and Staff:
- Senator Ben Watson
- Senator Dean Burke
- Senator Greg Dolezal
- Senator Michele Au
- Senator Gloria Butler
- Senator Bill Cowsert
- Senator Sonya Halpern
- Senator Bo Hatchett
- Senator Chuck Hufstetler
- Senator Lester Jackson
- Senator John Kenney
- Senator Kay Kirkpatrick
- Senator Nan Orrock
- Senator Brian Strickland
- Senator Larry Walker
ASPIRE Letters of Support:
- ASPIRE Board Support Letter – ASPIRE Support for Georgia HB1484
- ASPIRE PAB Support Letter – ASPIRE Professional Advisory Support Georgia HB1484