Call to Action from NYPAT!
What Can You Do to Support Senate Bill #S5332 and Assembly Bill #A877?
Ask Senators to support #S5332 – see below how to contact
- Ask Assemblymen to support #A877 – see below how to contact
Explain it’s for insurance for PANS/PANDAS coverage (medication, IVIG if needed)
Other states have laws in place: AR, DE, IL, MA, MD, MN and NH. NY is a little behind.
Benefits: Saving lives, saving state and insurance companies money if we treat early and effectively
Briefly share your story/your need
Ask again to support the bill.
Sample Letter to Help Write Legislators
Attached is a sample letter and talking points that you, family members, friends, etc can use to write a letter to be emailed to legislators.
- Edit the letter to personalize it.
- Include a brief personal story about PANS PANDAS and why insurance is critical
- Make sure you are asking legislators to support the appropriate bill
- Senators to support #S5332
- Assemblymen to support #A877
- Make sure you address the letters to the correct legislator
- Make sure you erase/replace all words in red
Contact Your Senator and Senate Insurance Committee members
Use the Senate Insurance Committee Form to support S5332 – Click Link to fill out the Form
- Click the link
- Click Aye
- Fill out your story
To find your Senator – Click Link.
To contact members of the NY Senate Insurance Committee directly without using the form above:
- Neil Breslin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pamela Helming Helming@nysenate.gov
- John E. Brooks email@example.com
- Jeremy A. Cooney firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Gounardes email@example.com
- Peter Harckham firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timothy Kennedy email@example.com
- Thomas F. O’Mara firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Parker email@example.com
- James Sanders, Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue Serino Serino@nysenate.gov
Contact the Assembly Insurance Committee Members
To find Assembly Insurance Committee Members – Click Link