Blank Children’s Hospital Events with Susan Swedo, MD
Dr. Swedo will present an Overview of PANDAS, PANS, and Childhood-onset OCD at two Blank Children’s Hospital Events
Presented by Susan E. Swedo, M.D.
- NIH Scientist Emerita
- Chief Science Officer, PANDAS Physicians Network
- Chair, Prof. Advisory Board, ASPIRE
Full Biography: Susan Swedo, MD
Slides & Materials: see below
Free Virtual Event Details (CEU)
- Date: Wednesday, May 11
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 2:30-3:30 PM CST
Register Online for Virtual Event (CEU)
- Registration Details: Healthcare professionals and others working with pediatric patients and their families
- Webinar Link: Click Link to View Webinar
UnityPoint Health – Des Moines and Blank Children’s Hospital are accredited by the Iowa Medical Society to provide continuing education units. Blank Children’s Hospital designated this virtual activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. IBON Provider #31, UnityPoint Health- Des Moines, awards 1 contact hour for full attendance.
- Identify the five criteria for the PANDAS subgroup and the differences from childhood-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Review the relationship of PANS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome) to PANDAS and draft diagnostic criteria.
- List diagnostic tests that are used in evaluating acute-onset OCD.
- Review treatment guidelines and resources for patients with PANS/PANDAS.
In-Person Event Details (CME)
- Date: Wednesday, May 11
- Time: 5:30-Registration & Social & 6:00-Program
- Location: Blank Children’s Hospital, Education and Research Center – Kelley Conference Room, 1415 Woodland Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309
- Food and beverages will be provided.
Register Online for In-Person Event
- Registration Details: This is a provider-only event, and open to all community providers (not exclusive to UP/Blank).
UnityPoint Health – Des Moines and Blank Children’s Hospital are accredited by the Iowa Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for providers. Blank Children’s Hospital designated this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
- Participants will be able to identify the five criteria for the PANDAS subgroup and will hear examples of how these patients differ from others with childhood-onset obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
- The relationship of PANS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome) to PANDAS will be discussed, and draft diagnostic criteria for PANS will be presented.
- Participants will be able to list the diagnostic tests that are useful in evaluating acute-onset OCD.
- Treatment guidelines for PANS/PANDAS will be presented and participants will be informed of on-line resources for case management
Additional Information & Questions
If you have questions regarding either event or need to cancel your event registration, please contact Ann Petersen at Angela.Petersen@unitypoint.org.
Presentation Slides (pdf): Blank Children’s Hospital Presentation May 2022
- What are PANS & PANDAS?: Two Page Handout
- PANS PANDAS Provider Toolkit – Current Resources for Providers: Toolkit Link
- Information for Clinicians: Webpage Link
- PANS/PANDAS Guidelines for Children with Autism: Toolkit Link
- Information for Behavioral Health Specialists: Webpage Link
- PANS PANDAS in the School Setting Toolkit: Toolkit Link
- School Nurse Role Toolkit: Toolkit Link
- School In-Service Lectures by ASPIRE: Register Today