PANDAS Physicians Network PANS PANDAS Online CME Credit Learning Opportunity
PANDAS Physicians Network
An Overview for Diagnosing and Treating PANS/PANDAS
Susan E. Swedo, MD – Scientist Emeritus at the National Institute of Health
Complete CME Webinar: Online PANS PANDAS CME Webinar
Presenter: Susan Swedo, MD, Scientist Emeritus at the National Institute of Health
Estimated Time for Completion: 45 minutes
CME/CE Instructions: To obtain CME/CE credit:
- Read or listen to each activity carefully
- Complete/submit the posttest evaluation.
- The certificate will be sent from Projects in Knowledge, Inc. to the contact information you provide on the evaluation. There is no fee for this activity.
Contact Information: For questions about content or obtaining CME credit, please contact email@example.com.
Target Audience: The target audience for this activity includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and therapists.
Activity Goal: The goal of this activity is to provide clinicians with the latest evidence-based strategies for early and accurate diagnosis, individualized treatment, and optimal management of PANDAS and PANS in order to improve patient-centered care and outcomes.
Participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the five criteria for the PANDAS subgroup and decipher the difference between these patients from others with childhood-onset obsessive compulsive disorder
- Analyze the three criteria for the PANS.
- Determine whether a child’s neuropsychiatric symptoms are related to post-streptococcal autoimmunity
- Develop a treatment plan based on the consortium’s recommendations for PANDAS and PANS patients
Physicians: Projects In Knowledge® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education(ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Projects In Knowledge® designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses: Projects In Knowledge®(PIK)is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded 0.73 nursing contact hour(s).
DISCLAIMER: Accreditation refers to educational content only and does not imply ANCC, or PIK endorsement of any commercial product or service.