Christine Amabile, MSW, LCSW, C-SSWS – Key Volunteer
- Create a concise timeline. It should be a few typed pages to give to all providers including symptoms, treatment interventions, medications, and response to interventions. Keep it short as binders of information are overwhelming for doctors and therapists.
- Make friends with other PANS PANDAS moms. They will help keep your sanity on really rough days.
- Find an outlet to channel your stress. We all have anger, grief, anxiety, etc, and we can’t keep it bottled up. Consider using your individual skills in some manner to give back to the PANS PANDAS community and support other families. It is a great way to feel more in control and effective.
- Breathe deeply for calming relief at least five minutes a day in a completely silent setting.
- Educate all school staff on your child’s current symptoms and immediate needs in writing. Update accordingly.
Return to section: